While hitting the town, tearing up the streets, and doing your makeup can make for a very memorable night out with your best girlfriends, every girl knows that nothing can rival a girls’ night in. Staying in for the night can provide some much needed de-stressing as well as key bonding time for you and your girlfriends. Just add some wine, snacks, and these best girls night in movies and you all are sure to have a good laugh, cry, or memory made during your girls’ night in.
Rom Com, or Romantic Comedy, is one of the best girls night in movies genres thanks to the lovable blend of goofiness and romanticism. Certain rom coms are simply enduring, and others have just hit the big screen. Check it out!
- Pretty Woman (1990)
- Starring: Julia Roberts and Richard Gere
- 27 Dresses (2008)
- Starring: Katherine Heigl and James Marsden
- When Harry Met Sally (1989)
- Starring: Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal
- 50 First Dates (2004)
- Starring: Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler
- The Proposal (2009)
- Starring: Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds
Inspiring Women is an integral feature of the best girls night in movies because all women need to be inspired to be their best every now and again. These films feature strong female protagonists who often went against the political grain in order to make a name for themselves.
- Erin Brockovich (2000)
- Starring: Julia Roberts, Erin Brokovich, and Aaron Eckhart
- Joy (2015)
- Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, and Robert De Niro
- The Blind Side (2009)
- Starring: Sandra Bullock, Quinton Aaron, and Tim McGraw
- Legally Blonde (2001)
- Starring: Reese Witherspoon and Luke Wilson
Thrillers need little explanation. Snuggle up with a blanket and munch on some popcorn because these are some of the best girls night in movies – screams not included.
- Gone Girl (2014)
- Starring: Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike
- Shutter Island (2010)
- Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo, and Michelle Williams
- Black Swan (2010)
- Starring: Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis
- Se7en (1995)
- Starring Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt
- Gravity (2013)
- Starring: Sandra Bullock and George Clooney
Sci Fi movies add some mind-blowing concepts to our list of best girls night in movies!
- Interstellar (2014)
- Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Matt Damon
- The Martian (2015)
- Starring: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, and Kate Mara
- Edge of Tomorrow (2015)
- Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt
Sometimes it’s important to have a good cry with your girlfriends. These “good cry” movies made the cut for the best girls night in movies list! Grab your tissues!
- The Fault in Our Stars (2014)
- Starring: Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort
- The Hunger Games movies (2012-2015)
- Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, and Elizabeth Banks
- The Notebook (2004)
- Starring: Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams
- Marley and Me (2008)
- Starring: Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson
What are some of the movies you think belong on our best girls night in movies list? Give us your favorite movie titles in the comments!